DATAMATH CALCULATOR MUSEUM
Texas Instruments MASTER LIBRARY-01 Solid State Software Module
|Date of introduction:|| Never
(Announced: May 1982)
|New price:||MSRP: $40.00||Display size:|
|Size:|| 1.3" x 1.25" x 0.55"
33 x 32 x 14 mm3
|Weight:||0.25 ounces, 7 grams||Serial No:|
|Batteries:||n.a.||Date of manufacture:||wk 33 year 1982|
|AC-Adapter:||Origin of manufacture:||USA (ATA)|
|Precision:||Integrated circuits:||TP0532 (CD5403)|
|Program steps:||Courtesy of:||Joerg Woerner|
The MASTER LIBRARY-01 Solid State Software Module was developed by Texas Instruments for its TI-88 Programmable calculator system.
The Master Library, known as "Module -1-", featuring 12 different programs in three languages (English/French/German) was included with the TI-88. These programs cover a broad range of interests and provide an overview of the calculator's capabilities:
• PGM 1: Table of Contents (Alphanumeric reference)
• PGM 2: Diagnostic (Internal and installed memory, and display)
• PGM 3: Finance (Compound interest, annuities, amortization)
• PGM 4: Moving Averages
• PGM 5: Root Finder (Real roots of functions, bisection method)
• PGM 6: Numeric Integration (Romberg method)
• PGM 7: Matrices (9x9 with internal memory, 15x15 with CRAM installed)
• PGM 8: Linear Regression (Up to 9 predictors, 13 with CRAM installed)
• PGM 9: Random Number Generator (Uniformly or normally distributed)
• PGM 10: Codebreaker (Guess 4 digit number)
• PGM 11: Sorting (Numeric lists)
• PGM 12: Function Evaluator (Printing plots with the PC-800 printer)
Don't miss earlier versions of the MASTER LIBRARY-01 Modules
included with TI-88 calculators from the DVT
(Design Validation Test) and EVT
(Engineering Validation Test) builds.
Dismantling this Solid State Software Module (© 1982) manufactured in August 1982 by Texas Instruments in their Abilene, Texas facility reveals a printed circuit board (PCB) to accommodate up to two TP0531/TP0532 Memory Chips. The PCB is populated with one TP0532 Read Only Memory (ROM) with with a capacity of 120,000 Bits organized as 15,000 Bytes and programmed with Custom Software CD5403 in Revision C.
If you have additions to the above article please email: email@example.com.
© Joerg Woerner, October 8, 2019. No reprints without written permission.