DATAMATH CALCULATOR MUSEUM
Texas Instruments Super Speak & Math
|Date of introduction:||1990||Display technology:||LCD|
|New price:|| $38.25 (1992)
|Display size:||2*8 alphanumeric|
|Size:||11" x 8" x 2"|
|Weight:||1 pound 3 ounces||Serial No:|
|Batteries:||4*AA cells||Date of manufacture:||wk 09 year 1991|
|AC-Adapter:||Origin of manufacture:||USA|
|Precision:||Integrated circuits:|| TSP50C10 (CSM10047),
|Program steps:||Courtesy of:||Joerg Woerner|
With the Super Speak & line Texas Instruments introduced educational toys similar to the well known kids-computers with there small LCD-screens and ASCII-keyboards. From the technical aspect this Super Speak & Mathl uses a standard voice synthesizer chip (TSP50C10) with an external Speech ROM (TSP60C18) and some external components. The same technology was found in late Super Speak & Spell games.
The Super Speak & Math is the successor of the Speak & Math.
You'll find more games for younger children in the Computer Fun.
Super Speak & Math will do:
|• Place Value - teaches the place-value system in representing
one and two digit numbers
• Trade - reinforces understanding of the place-value system
• Target - emphasizes logical reasoning and problem-solving
• Solve It - Uses the place-value system to develop logical reasoning
• Math Problems - tests your knowledge of basic mathematical
terms and facts
• Estimate - develops the ability to estimate answers to problems
• Select - helps you to recognize basic math operations
• Calculator - provides the opportunity to make up and solve
your own math problems
The toy is intended for players ages 6 to 12.
Two Super Speak & Math Expansion Cartridges are known:
|Everyday Math||6 - 12 years||Features Math problems: Making purchases; counting change; percents; and comparison shopping.||
(US: 1.1 MByte)
|Math Teasers||6 - 12 years||Features Math problems: Probability; sequencing; logical reasoning and more.||
(US: 1.1 MByte)
If you have additions to the above article please email: email@example.com.
© Joerg Woerner, December 5, 2001. No reprints without written permission.